Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Practice proper infection control and sterilization measures.
Frequently wash hands with soap and water (at least 20 seconds); if soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home when you are sick, and see a doctor immediately to be evaluated for COVID-19.
If someone becomes infected, insist that he or she fully recover before returning.
Southern University System COVID-19 Dashboard, Click Here
- Memo - Message from the President-Chancellor Belton: SUBR Return to On-Site Model, Click Here (08/10/2020)
- Memo - SUS HR: Telecommuting Agreements Extension, Click Here (04/30/2020)
- Memo - Chancellor-Dean: Extended Stay at home Order for SUAREC/CAFCS Employees, Click here (04/30/2020)
- Memo - SUS HR: Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage, Click Here (03/27/2020)
- Memo - SUS HR: COVID Special Issue 2 - Telecommuting Leave Guidance, Click Here (03/26/2020)
- Memo - Message from the President-Chancellor Belton: COVID-19 Update; two confirmed cases, Click Here (03/25/2020)
- Memo - SUAREC/CAFCS Message from Chancellor-Dean: Temporary Alternative Work Modes, Click Here (03/25/2020)
- Memo - SUS HR: SU Remains open for Business, Click Here (03/24/2020)
- Executive Order, "Stay-at-Home" - JBE-33-2020, Click Here (03/22/2020)
- Memo - Alternative Operating Guidelines for SUAREC/CAFCS Employees, Click Here (03/18/2020)
- Memo - Alternative Operational Model for the SU System Employees, Click Here (03/17/2020)
- Interim Research Policy for COVID-19 Emergency, Click Here (03/17/2020)
- SU System Campuses detail plans in response to COVID-19, Click Here (03/12/2020)
- Declaration of Emergency, Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health (LDH/OPH), Click Here (03/10/2020)
- Letter from the Southern University System President-Chancellor Dr. Ray Belton, Click Here (03/04/2020)
Moodle resources available to SUBR faculty and students. These resources are available on Moodle and may be accessed via self-enrollment.
- SUS One-Stop Help Desk Support - Please call 877-771-0621 for assistance with all student support services (admissions, registration, financial aid, student accounts and other enrollment management inquiries). This is in addition to your general IT and Moodle support. - SU Help Desk
- Student Resources (Login Required) - https://moodle.sus.edu/course/view.php?id=3209
consists of user guides (LiveText, RedShelf, Pearson, etc.) of various resources utilized in Moodle.
- Moodle Student Orientation (Login Required)- https://moodle.sus.edu/enrol/instances.php?id=6926. This course provides information and exercises that entail the basic features that may be used in Moodle. A student may obtain a badge once this orientation is completed. Students can upload to a course showing that they understand how to use Moodle.
- SUBR Faculty Café (Login Required) - https://moodle.sus.edu/course/view.php?id=9. This is an area designated to share information, tips, concerns, etc. with SUBR faculty.
- Louisiana Public Library WIFI Access Map - https://bit.ly/2JeHkK3 The Louisiana Board of Regents' LOUIS Library Network has developed a map of library locations that are providing WIFI hotspots for college students and faculty members needing internet access.
- LA Compilation of COVID-19 State Pages
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Office of Group Benefits (LA)
- Office of Motor Vehicle (LA)
- 1890 Universities Institutional COVID-19 Resources (PDF)
- Southern University John B. Cade Library
- State Library of Louisiana
- Information about COVID-19 in Louisiana
- USDA (COVID-19 Updates)
- LA Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Governor's Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management (GOHSEP)
- 4-H Healthy Living Activity Guide
Reference: CDC (03/26/2020) | For more information: www.cdc.gov/COVID19