BAYOU II F.A.Q.
1. What is the High School Learning Enhancement Summer Program?
The High School Learning Enhancement Summer Program is a summer program that provides learning enhancements to high school 11th graders (upcoming Juniors) and 12th graders (upcoming Seniors) in English, Mathematics, and Sciences in preparation for ACT testing.
2. What is the purpose of the BAYOU II (SARDI) High School Learning Enhancement Summer Program?
The High School Learning Enhancement Summer Program provides an opportunity for a select number of high school youth to gain additional learning enhancements in Science, Math, and English. An emersion of STEM of Agriculture will be provided.
3. Who is eligible to participate?
The program will target high school 11th graders with some 12th graders.
4. What are the academic requirements?
Minimum GPA of 2.0 and some high level of interest in the food and agricultural sciences preferred.
5. Is an interest in agriculture or family and consumer sciences required?
6. Are there specific courses one should have taken?
7. Where will I live?
All students will live in dormitories on the campus of Southern University and A&M College. Students will go home on weekends at their own expense and return on Sunday evening. All participants will be required to attend the summer cookout on one of the Saturdays of the program.
8. Is there a cost to participate in the program?
No. Meals and housing will be paid by the program.
9. How many students will be selected?
A minimum of 30 students are selected for participating in this year’s program. The exact number will depend on availability of funds and the number of qualified applicants.
10. When is the deadline for submitting an application?
Applications must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2019.
11. When will I know whether I have been selected to participate in the program?
Applicants will be notified of selections on or before May 6, 2019. *Please be sure to put your e-mail address on the application to receive quick notification.
12. How do I get into the program?
Interested participants must email, fax a completed application, copy of their high school transcript, and one letter of recommendation to:
Fax: (225) 771-5771
Mail: Southern University and A&M College
College of Agricultural, Family & Consumer Sciences
Fisher Hall, Rm. 118
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
Attn: SARDI Summer Program
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
For more information, contact Dr. C. Reuben Walker at (225) 771-3206; (337) 344-8834 or e-mail email@example.com.
*Please be sure to put your e-mail address on the application to receive quick notification.
Click Here To Apply