- What is the Virtual BAYOU Summer Program?
The Virtual Beginning Agricultural Youth Opportunities Unlimited (BAYOU) Program provides an opportunity for high school students to gain “first hand” knowledge about career opportunities in Agriculture,Family and Consumer Sciences and related disciplines.
- What is the purpose of the College of Agricultural Family and Consumer Sciences Program?
The major purpose of this program is to stimulate interest in careers opportunities available in the agricultural fields of study among high school students.
- Who is eligible to participate?
Rising high school sophomores (have completed 9th grade) to graduating seniors (incoming freshman).
- What are the academic requirements?
Minimum GPA of 2.5
- How will the program be delivered?
The program will be delivered virtually as we continue to fight our way through the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Selected students will be required to be online from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. each day for the duration of the program.
- Is there a cost to participate in the program? No. The program pays all expenses.
- How do I get into the program?
Interested participants must submit via email an application, copy of an official high school transcript(s),
copy of ACT scores and 2 letters of recommendation to: email@example.com.
- When is the deadline for submitting an application?
Applications must be emailed no later than May 1, 2022.
- When will I know whether I have been selected to participate in the program?
Applicants will be notified of selections on or before May 15, 2022.
*Please be sure to put your e-mail address on the application to receive a quick notification.